Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene for Supervisors training from Virtual College enables candidates to identify problems and to recommend solutions within food preparation and delivery areas. It is ideally suited to people who are responsible for supervising other members of staff, such as team leaders and managers across all sectors including manufacturing, catering and retail. The course is written to reflect industry standards developed by People 1st (the Sector Skills Council for the hospitality industry), and conforms to the qualification template developed by awarding bodies under their guidance.
It is recommended that all food premises should have at least one person trained to Level 3 - particularly if they are in charge of other staff and are responsible for the training of those staff. By completing this online training, individuals will benefit from a broad knowledge of food safety and hygiene in the workplace, with a focus on being able to:
- take responsibility for food safety monitoring procedures
- identify food safety hazards
- take appropriate action in the light of these hazards
- contribute to improvements in food safety practice
This course is Accredited by City & Guilds:
- City and Guilds have accredited Virtual College's Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene for Supervisors certificate
- Our price includes your City and Guilds Accredited Certificate
- City and Guilds approved quality assurance of the online delivery processes and learner support systems
- Learner printed City & Guilds Accredited Certificate
The course was produced by Virtual College in association with food safety experts Food Dialog and we have made every effort to make the training friendly, understandable and down to earth.
On completion of the module and the associated assessment you will:
- Understand the role of the supervisor and food business operator in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation
- Understand the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice
- Understand how to implement food safety management procedures
- Understand the role of the supervisor in staff training and food safety management procedures
Topics covered in this online training include:
- Food safety hazards and contamination
- Food-borne illness
- Understanding food law
- The role of the supervisor
- Food safety management (HACCP)
- Food preservation
- Food storage and temperature control
- Personal hygiene
- Workplace equipment and design
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Module summary
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
This course is Accredited by City & Guilds.
Note, this course is an accredited training programme, should you require a full qualification you will be required to undertake an additional assessment by visiting an accredited test centre at an additional cost.
When you have successfully completed your course, you will receive a City & Guilds Accredited Certificate. The certificate should be displayed to show appropriate training has taken place.
With over 320 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 8 hours to complete (depending on your learning speed). As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
The course is suitable for all supervisors or small business owners working in the food industry and is the ideal progression for anyone who has completed a level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene course, but is now taking on further responsibilities for food safety within a business - or for anyone who just wants to know more!
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.